BTW, here's the second part of my previous article for anyone who is interested. Part 2 focuses on how I go about finding the right water color without driving all over the lake looking for it.

Other potential topics that I am considering for future articles:

- Crankbaits, Spoons or Harnesses? : How do I choose? Does time of the year matter? Can I run them at the same time?

- Tips for Painting Custom Baits: . Finding Blanks, Painting options (rattle-cans, spray-guns or airbrushes), oil or water based?, clear-coat options, jigs and stencils, etc

- Crankbait shapes, sizes, bill shapes, diving depth, tuning, etc. How each impacts the motion in the water, what to pick & when, dive curves, etc

Let me know if any of these topics would be interesting to you. If you have any other topics that you have questions about, or would like me to write about, shoot me a PM or reply here.

Again, I know that there are likely people on this site that know as much or more than I do about crankbaits or about catching walleyes on Erie. However, at the same time, I know there are others who are just getting started and could benefit from what I have learned over the 40+ years that I have been chasing walleyes on this system. My articles are written for them.

Cheers!

https://slimshadycustoms.com/blogs/n...-lake-st-clair