Fished this past Saturday with my buddy Tom who has a place on Johnson Island.Was supposed to leave dock at 7am with his 2 sons.I arrived around 630 to assemble the rods and Tom told me one son wasn't coming because he wanted to sleep in.His other son,Andrew was going to be late.So Andrew shows up eventually and leave the dock at 830.We headed ENE,into the residual NE rollers from the night before and was bumpier than expected.Got to where we wanted to fish and started setting bags and rods.Andrew had been laying down on ride out,but he got up and threw up into the garbage can,then laid back down and slept again.
Set out 4 dipseys,all with double willow worm harnesses
@ 50 and 65 on 1 setting and 70 and 85 on 3 setting.All four rods were catching fish initially and had difficult time keeping them in the water with no help.I eventually was able to get out a bandit on a board,but soon that board got burried and took us a while to bring in a huge sheephead.I then retired the boards and just worked the dipseys.We ended up with 17/35lbs in around 5hrs.Caught alot of white bass/perch and shorts too.
Andrew did not reel in or net a single fish.Help drive boat for a couple minutes on 2 fish.He threw up several times and slept the rest of the time.He hardley even talked to us.I have had my share of hangovers while fishing,but i always found a way to fish through it.Guess these millenials are not tough enough anymore.