Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perch Caller

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Perch Caller

The old timers claim they work. I saw a couple at The Happy Hooker they were selling for @29+ and I decided to make one today and just getting ready to paint it.
    I don't do a lot of perch fishing but when I do I will see if it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Sets on the bottom, wave action lifts and drops the plunger, makes a banging sound.Perch Caller-bell-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I will have an advantage this year. My minn kota ipilot has made fishing a game changer trolling for walleye it should come in handy moving around looking for perch mark's on the Lowrance. Haven't used spot lock yet either that will be a bonus.

Post Thanks / Like

I always leaving my motor running when I first anchor until the bite starts. If the bite slows or stops I will start it again. Sometimes the bite restarts immediately.

Post Thanks / Like

We have video of us pounding on side of our aluminum boat and immediately catching perch. Have observed it many times.

Post Thanks / Like

So then we should not use anchor and drift? I don't have spot lock.
    Also, don't touch bottom with sinkers right? Keep it clean and let them find your bait.
    Guys seem to be cutting minnows into 1 inch pieces too. Do I keep one alive and one piece for easy eating, or just use the cut pieces?

When the Central Basin had perch, we would always bang bottom with sinkers to bring them over. It usually worked if they were near.

Thanks for the info. We only had 1 good day out of 5 last year for perch. It was a 5-7mph wind out of south. I had drift socks out and we were drifting slow like .2--.3 mph.
    Rickerd

Post Thanks / Like

At times over the years of perch fishing when the bite gets tough I have put a few live minnows and some cut up pieces in a minnow bucket and loaded it with a rock and sunk it to the bottom. Sometimes hanging a foot or so off the bottom, other times letting it bounce off the bottom. It seemed to be hit or miss as to effect. Sometimes I think it helps to draw them in, other times not so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't know about the perch caller but once we hit a slow period on a charter so we asked the captain to turn on the radio started getting a station out of Detroit and a song came on and we all started singing "my girl" and exchanged girl for
    "fish" the fish bite resumed immediately.

Post Thanks / Like

Perch love some Motown. They would grow feet and run if I broke out the singing. Don't think I'll try that one. But that is a crazy story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    I don't know about the perch caller but once we hit a slow period on a charter so we asked the captain to turn on the radio started getting a station out of Detroit and a song came on and we all started singing "my girl" and exchanged girl for
    "fish" the fish bite resumed immediately.
    That's great! 😂