Hey all,
I’ve been doing my due diligence and reading as much as I can ahead of a last minute trip to the Sandusky/Toledo area. However I can only do so much research before next weekend. My family and I are headed to Oregon, OH on the weekend of the 24th. I am a seasoned walleye guy from West Michigan. We have a family obligation that I’ve been given the green light to ditch. Hell yeah!!! I’m planning on bringing my 17ft Tracker WT, 115hp outboard, trolling motor with iPilot, two downriggers, planer boards, more rods than hours of the day, two Humminbird DI/SI units. I’ve got tons of harnesses, Flicker Minnows (mostly 5’s and 7’s), Reef Runners, most of the common Rapala’s out there, a ton of other miscellaneous cranks, some spoons though not my forte, bottom bouncers, blah blah blah. Some leadcore as well. I’ve been reading some reports (though it doesn’t look like Ohio DNR is real diligent on updating reports). Read a bit on here. It seems like the shipping channel out to like West Sister island is a pretty common area. The other option that sounds reasonable is going out of Sandusky and heading toward Kelley’s Island. I hear a lot about certain buoys (ie “F buoy” or similar) as being relatively productive recently. That being said, if you’re still reading, thanks! Lol I have a couple questions. First- is my boat “enough” to go that far? Is Erie as treacherous as my home lake of (Michigan)? How big should I/can I expect? I know Erie isn’t the depth that I normally
deal with. Any general location recommendations? I am not trying to steal your favorite spot by any stretch just some general recommendations. IÂ’ll do plenty of map recon ahead of my hit time, and ill
put in the work when I get there FOR SURE. I am NOT getting back to the family event early. Lol Any specific bait shops you recommend or launches that are that are preferred? I know this is a lot. I appreciate any input. Thanks in advance!

-Chris

PS- IÂ’m a couple things- retired Army vet, current physician assistant aaaaaaannd custom knife maker. If anyone is willing to do me a solid and wants to PM me their address IÂ’ll send you a little sumthinÂ’. 😉