Sunday 6/20 I decided to head out on a whim. Left the dock about 8am in Huron. Went out to the dumping grounds and seen some fair marks. Set up two dispy divers with a spoon and shallow bandit. Set up a hot n tot on an inline board. trolled NE with the wind around 2MPH SOG. No bites. Changed the shallow bandit on the dipsy to another spoon. Changed the hot n tot to a mag 44. Eventually changed to a few different deep bandits. Tried various depths. Got out to about 45FOW before turning and heading back S to SW into the wind. Similar speed. Only thing that got bit was me! The stable flys were horrendous. Eventually drove me off the lake since I failed to have insect repellant with me. Was only out for a maybe 3 hours but failed to catch anything. Only 4th time out this year but i didnt even catch a sheephead or white bass.
Water clarity seemed really clear. I could see the dipsy about 8 to 10' down. Not sure what I was doing wrong or if the fish were simply not there and not active. Ultimately the flies made me leave and not try another area.

Was I just in the wrong area or were the fish just turned off Sunday morning? I have been reading and trying to learn everything I can but not having great results. My best day this year was drifting using crawlers and I brought home 2 walleye and a perch about a month ago.