Maumee Bay Report Maumee Bay Report Maumee Bay Report Maumee Bay Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default walleyewacker

i was not trying to piss you off. keep all the fish you want sounds like every things legal so keep catching. i got my information from the westernbasinsportfishingassociation web site and read 2009 fishing reports they get there info from the odnr and (lake erie committee"s walleye task group) they suggest that the walleye population will be approaching crisis mode in 2010. the tac is going down every year.just type wbsa.com. i still got fish from last year in my freezer i give a lot away to my friends that do not have a boats or cant fish. have not caught a walleye from the lake this year but hopefully i will wack some walleye myself very soon going in next week but we mostly catch jacks with very few females on the reefs and near shore from maumee bay to davis bessie keep the water high and the gas prices down and the fish biting and the lake around 2 ft. the big eyes ive caught and cleaned do have a dark piece of meat going down the middle of the filet that makes the fish taste fishy if you keep it zip it by making a small cut at each end of it and pull it will come right out and the fiash will taste better try it. i release most of them but keep a few then try to get rid of all the dark meat i prefer the 1-4 pounders they taste better in my opinion
    Last edited by rscotfish; 04-12-2009 at 09:08 PM. Reason: more info