[QUOTE=itsbob;70984]Most people trolling with big boards are using true trip 40s.Nothing can beat putting limits on board faster than big boards,braid,TT40s and spoons.Most charters are using that method.The problem of using weights when trolling,is the weight and lure sink when they slow down during a turn.If fishing in shallower water or Rocky bottom,can get a snag when making a turn.True trips,jets and cranks float.so they rise up when slowing down.But weights and dipseys sink when they slow down.[/QUO

Having your baits sink on a turn is not a bad thing, it can also produce. Like any other program, you have to have situational awareness, and know the characteristics of the tool you are using to attain the desired depth. Unfortunately, most fisherman have to learn these lessons on their own.

I will be entering my 41st year on the western basin of Erie and I've pulled hardware every way you can imagine (and some ya can't). Sometimes I will offer a different way to present a bait, even though it's "OLD" tech, simply because it's on the boat. With the size"0" dipsey I originally bought to run off boards for coho over on Lake Michigan. This presentation was a no brainer when I came back to Erie. I started pulling spoons off them back in the mid 80's before Jet Divers, Tru Trips. Of course now I have Jets and TTs and if I am fishing deep it's easier the match "the word" around the dock with these two products. IMO if you fished "O" Dipseys and Jets/TTs side by side, the catch rates would be close. Now if I were a guy just starting out, and I was targeting Walleye, I would buy the Jets/TTs. It would shorten the learning curve dramatically, but if I came across a handful of "O" dipseys, I'd use them off big boards.