Quote Originally Posted by badboards View Post
Me and the wife have trolled 4 years with only 2 poles one on each side. Only used weights to get the lines down to where the fish are. Guess I never cared about how many fish I caught just enjoyed fishing. But now I don't get up there as often so I want to fill the freezer. It will be a while before I need a dipsy but looking forward to using them for the first time. I've caught walleye on plainers before in the spring with 3 poles. Adding a 4th this year. I'll post an update on how that all goes.
If you plan to run 4 rods this spring off planer boards,a couple rules to help.Longer lead on outside board.If adding weight to line,keep weight all on same side or inside board.Never try to pull a weighted line over an inside/unweighted line.If trying to reel in a fish on an outside board,past an inside board a couple pointers.Turning the boat away from side fish on helps.I would go to opposite side of boat and reel fast to skip the outside board past inside board will work.Learn to use the orange OR19 release on front of board.With that orange release a quick yank on line will pull the line out of that front release and fish will come in behind boat.Good luck.