Ice Fishing this season? Ice Fishing this season? Ice Fishing this season? Ice Fishing this season?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I looked at the camera this eve the view from miller ferry at put in bay one snowmobile running out in front of the board walk to some shanties so there is some brave souls out there but its way to cold for me if you do go stay safe and let us know how you do

Post Thanks / Like

Was too bad we didnt get that two week cold spell in January to make better ice for the ice fishermen.At least they were able to get in some fishing the past week or more.Looking forward to getting on the lake again.Need alot of ice to melt before can do that.The warmer weather coming this week should melt the snow and let the sun do its job of warming the water.Then the wind and current will work on breaking up and melting it.Hoping by third week in March the marinas are clear of ice to start launching boats.The charters should be able to take people out right away this season.No Covid shutdown to deal with like last season.Have read the few posts on the guys ice fishing and a few of their pictures.Seams like the fish were smaller than i expected and also said they were releasing some short fish.We caught some fish last fall that were just over 15".I assumed they were from that record 2018 hatch and some of the ice fishing pictures showed fish that size.Even though the 2019 and 2020 hatches were good,they were not close to the 2018 hatch.I would guess those shorts caught ice fishing were from the 2019 hatch.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be on them smaller ones. I had some buddies do good with some nice fish Friday thru- Sunday. I guy a couple sleds went through at Crane Creek. This was where they went out of. I normally go out of Catabwa. But to much on my plate this year, plus I get enough fishing in without freezing my azz off and crossing the crack. Looking forward to another swim at the weather buoy Bob.. lol
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium