This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat!
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This Old Boat!

Blog Entries

Hey sounds good Capt. were all old school guys here drift socks , Jigs ,weight forward , bottom bouncers with worm harness etc . But will adapt as needed.

Blog Entries

Looking at quotes for Boat Insurance I got one from Progressive $675.00 a year that includes Vessel Towing insurance , all fishing gear ,trailer, liability injury And Stated value coverage for total loss $9000.00 of the boat any thoughts ? seems a little high since we have 4 to 5 month lay up over the winter .

I have my boat covered at full replacement value of $105,000 plus contents for $488.00 per year. Anything happens to it, I will get $105,000. Prior to this boat, I had a 27 ft Searay Amberjack and the annual was around $450.00 per year.

Blog Entries

A lake erie on line camera gives a couple of views to the lake shows catawba ramp viewing the lake, vermilion, put in bay , Lake Erie Webcams | Ohio’s Lake Erie Shores & Islands
    Helps pass the time waiting till spring If you look at the lake views then check the wave report for that area you get a idea of what wave height looks like pretty cool

Thanks for letting us know about webcams.Neat to look at and get feel for conditions.

Blog Entries

The NOAA link is NDBC - National Weather Service Marine Forecast FZUS61 KCLE
    Looking at the Catawba camera it's view is west so Davis Besse cooling tower is seen . You can look at the steam exhaust and see if it matches wind direction and the wave height in the report, Now today shows wind out of west and 1 to 3 foot waves but camera shows wind north west and waves about 1 to 2 . But I'm no expert on the lake conditions may be some one else out there Can add to this post with some of there experience and knowledge.

Blog Entries

Boy the lake looks good on camera winds out of the southwest any body fishing ?
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 12-19-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Looking at quotes for Boat Insurance I got one from Progressive $675.00 a year that includes Vessel Towing insurance , all fishing gear ,trailer, liability injury And Stated value coverage for total loss $9000.00 of the boat any thoughts ? seems a little high since we have 4 to 5 month lay up over the winter .
    That is extremely high. I have Progressive and insure a new Hewescraft Searunner 210 with tow and equipment for under $400.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    That is extremely high. I have Progressive and insure a new Hewescraft Searunner 210 with tow and equipment for under $400.
    Thanks Eyecrazy that's what I was thinking . I am going to shop around a little and get a few more quotes before pulling the trigger our boating season is only about 8 months or so , the rest of time its on land and so far is kind of hard to sink a boat on land!

I Also have Progressive on Boat , bundle it with my Broker with House , vehicles , Camper , Rentals , Business etc
    the more you go through a Bundle with a Broker the more you can save
    They own Perferred Insurance Network Perrysburg , Ohio may be worth your time to call them