This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: This Old Boat!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk2700 View Post
    That's where I ran into my problem. My insurance co would not fill out the OS 32. Once they found out that I had a boat that required a permit to haul, they sent me the exclusion statement which was already in my policy. They wanted me to buy a commercial policy(at double the price) before they would fill out the paperwork. I wound up having to change insurance companies. Hope you have better luck.
    Your probably right if your insurance company wont work with you on this I would change company on all my policies house car boat life etc. You would have to say to them if your insuring my boat and trailer don't you think it is going to be moved around a little ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Your probably right if your insurance company wont work with you on this I would change company on all my policies house car boat life etc. You would have to say to them if your insuring my boat and trailer don't you think it is going to be moved around a little ?
    They had no problem with me trailering a boat as long as it didn't require a over width/height/weight permit. They said that wouldn't take the additional risk. Even the fact that I was a professional driver didn't matter. My CDL also made it impossible for me to play "dumb" if I decided go without a permit. If you go through all the BS to get a permit see if the offer annual cab card. That's for the same vehicle/trailer/object that is under 10' for a calendar year. Michigan had them for a long time foe 35 bucks a year, but then they raised them to where it didn't pay for me to buy one. Our one time misc. permit is 15.00 for three days IIRC.