MBLMike,

I think those boats are very common charter boats, on LE, so I'd get in contact with the Lake Erie Charter Boat Association ( LECBA - Lake Erie Charter Boat Association ) and start the process of finding some captains that own and have used those boats. If you find one or a few no doubt they will provide a wealth of information, as they run them hard and experience a lot with them. Also, if you haven't already done so, look for online resources on those boats. There are owners forums, company websites with info and links to info, and various sites with info. Sometimes it takes some time to find good and/or "off the main pages" info sources. But once you find them, they are great resources.

I just did a a good amount of work on a fiberglass 1978 sailboat all summer, so I can tell you, if you don't already know, it's a long process and making sure you are doing things right before you start is very important. Take the time to find good resources for info. Then progress as you learn from info you get.