This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This Old Boat!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok Capt. That gives me a little time to do some repairs and upgrades ! Was up at Meinke Marina today gorgeous day a little windy but warm , marina is still full of ice and ramps frozen in .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: This Old Boat!

I must have missed you we were down there yesterday (Saturday ) fished 4 hours in front of intake , 20 walleye .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by captain tacky View Post
    I must have missed you we were down there yesterday (Saturday ) fished 4 hours in front of intake , 20 walleye .
    Yes we missed you we went out Friday but only fished from 12 pm to 3:30 bite slowed down when the wind shifted so we headed in to get back to Columbus next trip hopefully is Again this Thursday and will start earlier and start at the Intake

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Yes we missed you we went out Friday but only fished from 12 pm to 3:30 bite slowed down when the wind shifted so we headed in to get back to Columbus next trip hopefully is Again this Thursday and will start earlier and start at the Intake
    Captain Tacky did you get back up we fished the turn around bouy yesterday and today but it was pretty rough
    also 3 men were rescued Thursday I guess they fell in with no life jackets on just a reminder for us all with the waves and weather we have been having
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 06-19-2021 at 06:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I Live 10 Minutes from the marina , look for you each time I down there .your boat is very near mine .
    I blew my Port Motor, boat is currently out ,sitting on trailer near the Store at the end of the road we are on.
    New motor ordered , hope to get it in this week , just in time for the Mayfly hatch to slow and fishing to turn on again !
    do you have a Camping trailer you stay in when here , you may be in town when I am at the marina but not see you at Boat

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well got the boat in this afternoon ran pretty good a few odds and ends to straighten out left Meinke at 3 pm ran for about 4 hours just got back in with out calling forf tow boat . Since we're on the far west side of the lake any areas we can fish close to home until I'm a little more confident in her

Post Thanks / Like

MBLMike
    Not sure how close you want to stay but the pear to the right (4 miles) and to the left, west/southwest of A-can (6-7 miles) have been producing. In front of Metzgers and Crane should be producing as well.

I’m at Meinke’s as well, D-82

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yrick82 View Post
    MBLMike
    Not sure how close you want to stay but the pear to the right (4 miles) and to the left, west/southwest of A-can (6-7 miles) have been producing. In front of Metzgers and Crane should be producing as well.

I’m at Meinke’s as well, D-82
    thanks im at g2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well like many of you I'm thinking of fishing it's only 7 Fridays until the first trip to the lake weather permitting, still Need to replace some soft spots in floor and finish a manifold on this old boat. I picked up a 35hp outboard to use as a trolling and a get home motor so will install that also. My being a diehard caster and drift fisherman the trolling will be a new venture any suggestions on gear rods, reels, planer boards, lures etc.?This Old Boat!-35-hp-outboard-jpg
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 01-15-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If I install center of Stern will rudder give any control or should I mount to starboard side and attach cable to rudder