Quote Originally Posted by Kyfish View Post
I hate the boards. I know u can cover more ground and present more baits. But catching a walleye and not seeing or feeling the bite or fight is not fun. The only positive is meat in the cooler. I'm just an average Joe fisherman. My set up is having two back rods at about 100 and 120, never the same distance out. I will then put two more rods out on the side of boat at like 50 and 70 with a 2 or 3 oz snap weight so they are as deep as the back rods or deeper with less line. I'm not covering wide ground.but am covering vertical, which can be good if u r on top of fish. I have seen some guys use a big balloon or bobber way back so u can fish more from behind the boat.

You can see all of your bites and feel the.fight. yiu can also tell if your crank is not running correctly. I also like that u can change baits more often because u don't mess with boards.

I don't get many tangles.

I do the same for harnesses.

I do like planer boards for live bait slow trolling.
I am with you 100%. Call me an old fuddy dud but I have fished all my life. To me using boards is not fishing. I want to see the rod move and feel the fish fight. Boards are for charters to take out non fisherman and meat hunters.