I am out of Catawba Orchard Beach Association which is private. We are along the Westshore of Catawba, a bit south of Northwest Catawba Marine.

The Clinton Reef area and South of it is where we were fishing all weekend. I didn't even have a finder on last evening or sonar. I just used my Navionics to get in the neighborhood. There haven't been many boats ripping through the water, so the fish are acting natural if you don't rip through and try to drift back over your marks. When my kids were swimming same area on Saturday, water clarity is at least 5 feet, since I see their feet as they tread water.

I also took a trip to PIB on Sunday afternoon. Good marks north of the island too. I just can't vouch for their activity levels. With this stable weather and light winds, clarity is good and fish are plenty. If you are drifting for 20 mins and you know are covering water well, move to find active fish. Start high during evening and work your way down.

Harnesses in purple/ yellow and green/ yellow worked best up high. I caught a couple on weight forward high, but the harness slowed down and really turned them on.

Let us know how you do. Good luck!

Rickerd