Quote Originally Posted by hollobar View Post
Hello Everyone. My first post!

My brother and I are thinking about doing a little fishing and charter a boat out of Port Clinton but he's not the most sea worthy guy out there, if you know what I mean. I was wondering what conditions (wind speed/direction) provide calm seas, say less than 2 footers?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide,
West or South West winds are the best 10 mph or less.
The North and North West winds can bring up the bouncy waves and are the most unpredictable.
Lake Erie can be very unpredictable so bring a rain coat too.
If walleye fishing, I would bring 4 dozen night crawlers per person. (white perch are great bait stealers, and sheep head are fun to catch ~ they all like to steal your bait)
Hydrate the night before (water).
Bring plenty of water in your cooler for the trip. Pop is ok, but water is the best.
No spicy foods~! A dump in the Head Boat is no joy with a moving boat, plus the small quarters just makes it worse if you are prone to motion sickness.
Light breakfast in the AM and bring some crackers for a light snack, the cheese, nut and turkey packs are good to have in your cooler.
Finally, take a motion sickness pill, they may make you tired but better then a "chum machine" ~!
Good Luck,
Hope this helps~!
Tight Lines,
~Water Dog