It has been a few years since I have posted. Today I broke the mold, I couldn't hold it in any longer on a certain topic.

I've been a member here for over a decade now and met a few friends and actually have several friends in real life due to this forum. Skipper9 and I talk almost weekly and we go fishing together now. He was a huge contributor and amazing captain. Bowguy, Wakina, and too many others to name developed online relationships where we learned to trust each other and share information.

This forum was the start of me learning to troll and due to people sharing information and being willing to give detailed information and trade secrets I have become quite successful at that! Skipper9 (Jim Allen and Eyehunter Charters) even contacted me and took me out on a learning trip and showed me how to set up and run my boat.

"Reba" (Rumor Has It Charters) has helped me out and I now talk to him regularly. Bowguy and and I are friends and share info and GPS coordinates... The list goes on and on...

10 years ago this forum was the only one that I could find where charter captains were willing to share information that on other sites would be held as "Top Secret" information and never shared. It was because people on this site were so genuine and willing to follow an unspoken code of not broadcasting information as if it was all theirs. If a captain shared his hot spot in here, it never left this site. People wouldn't broadcast the GPS numbers like they had found fish and call in 100 boats. They simply thanked the captains and never told their "buddies" and didn't broadcast it on the water.

There are still many captains and private fishermen like myself that are willing to help. We are willing to share information. We are willing to tell the occasional weekender where to go and catch fish and how with their kids and grandkids and have a great time. What many people get discouraged with is the way the information get broadcast and sent out to facebook and a ton of private texts to everyone's buddies and their buddies and so on and so forth.

If you are new to fishing Lake Erie, or been fishing it your whole life and just need some good numbers to go start fishing, make some friends on here. Don't take a gift and share it on other sites and post it like it's your own. Keep a code of simply being honest and thankful that there are really good fishermen and captains in here that will tell you things that no other captain on the Lake would even consider.... as long as they trust you.

People truly are here to help. We are happy to share. We don't own the water, nor the fish. We have all been exactly where many guys and gals are today with coming to the Lake and not knowing where to start. We would love to help and share, as long as everyone is respectful and can keep a secret.

Have a great year everyone and don't be afraid to ask for help or information!

-Matt