Water level rise at dock Water level rise at dock Water level rise at dock Water level rise at dock
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies so far.

I'm on a budget so most of the Marinas and most of the slips in all the West Harbor marinas are not in consideration. I've researched almost all of them, priced them. I've looked at three. I'm aware of everything that's been mentioned so far, including East Harbor State Park Marina. My consideration now is not the dock, whether it's stationary or floating, I've seen and know the difference, pros and cons. I have both a floating and very high stationary option. It's the ground around the dock, the driveways / parking, I'm concerned about. Two of the three possibities the water is only 5 inches from the roadway on a "normal" day. I'm guessing even a moderate North to Easterly wind will flood those roadways, so you'll be walking in water from the vehicle to the dock. That's what I'm trying to get info on. How many of the marinas have a problem with this. Last year I watched the water level go up and down, at times 4-6 inches, several times over the course of a day on a light wind day. It just came up and went back down for no visible reason (no wind speed or direction change). Once it did this over a 30 minute period. Up 3-4 inches then right back down. So I'm trying to find the marina with the highest ground level above the water at the dock. Does this make sense?

Post Thanks / Like

There must be other factors going on with water levels in areas like west harbor.Last year saw water level change multiple times in 2 days with virtually no wind.if you are paying for a stationary dock during during this high water level you should be looking elsewhere.Do you really want to walk thru water to your boat with all that shore electricity right next to you.Look for floating docks at a marina and carry your knee high rubber boots with you when fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure of available. ....but the northern isle at channel grove is on higher ground......I dont think it was under water at all last year........but you would have the drive through some to get there
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

Post Thanks / Like

That is true. The Northern finger with docks at Channel Grove Marina is about 16” higher than the first finger. It was never under water last year and has plenty of parking right at your boat. I highly doubt that it will see water over the top this year either.

Post Thanks / Like

Catawba landing had floating docks available