Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Gentz View Post
    First of all on this stamp is a new law as of 2019. We bought our licenses in June of 2019 and our license is good until June of 2020. We had no ideal about the fishing stamp because we did not need to get a new license. We looked through the fishing regulation book on how may fish we can catch the size limit and if there is any thing on slot limits. The DNR person who gave us the ticket showed us where the stamp info is in the Reg. This info was kind of in the middle of the book and very hard to find. (Like fine print in a contract.) even many of the bait shops have no ideal about this stamp and it also seem some of the DNR personal do not know about this stamp, now finding out they are checking license of out of staters and not looking for the stamp.
    The real point here is they are not selling license to out of staters and selling them to residence of the state of Ohio. This is wrong and is unconstitutional by federal law and is a infringement of my civil rights. Hiding behind that you have to self quarantine for two weeks is just ********. Come on American wake up see what is going on here! The media has you so scared you are afraid of your own shadow. I was out of the country for 2 months just before this BS hit the fans in the U.S. I had to self quarantine for 2 weeks If I did not do this my roommate could not go to work because she worked in health care in Wisconsin. So now I have already self quarantine and now Ohio is saying I have to re self quarantine in their state. So does this mean every state I go through I have to self quarantine for 2 weeks? Why do we not treat this like the flu it really is if you are sick and running a fever stay home and get better. Where are the guild lines on how and where you have to self quarantine, are these federal guild lines is there a booklet or is this just a bunch of nut jobs making stuff up the way they feel they want it. I am an American and know the American way, and do no like the BS they are shoving down my throat.
    You are trying to combine federal law with states rights. Trump has been very clear that it is up to individual states on how they handle this. However, you being one of those who say this is only a flu makes me glad you don’t live in our state.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.
    Post Thanks / Like

I read the posts. I'm not going to post a reply or opinion. Plenty covered so far.

Below photo is what everyone should be thinking about and appreciating, even under the current and ongoing Covid 19 life.

I was there today (Friday, May 08). Our Great Lake Erie doesn't care about Covid19. It's there, just doing it's "thing" in the current season (although it certainly didn't feel like it today).

Let's do our best under the circumstances to keep respecting and enjoying it. We all still can. It's just a different human condition right now.

Ottawa denying launching to out of Staters-le-photo-size-050820-jpg

Day to Day for us. Just another day for the Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Did not hear if Ohio will start selling out of state liscenc yet.Have not heard if Ottawa is allowing out of staters to launch at public ramps.Word is that charters might hear something may 12th about taking people out.

Post Thanks / Like

Spent some time with 3 charter captains yesterday.They are all anxious to start taking people charter fishing soon and to start getting some income to pay their bills.Saw a lot of charter boats just sitting at the docks on a beautiful day to fish.The charters also need their customers to be able to buy nonresident fishing licences.They have a lot of out of state customers.Hopefully soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure where all of the information is coming from about denying out of state fishermen access to ramps but I can tell you first hand what happened today.
    We put in at Fenwick turtle creek marina. Limited out in 32 FOW trolling blue chrome and chime variations of bandits from 20 -120 back speed 1.7-1.9. A very cordial Ohio DNR person inspected our catch after we loaded up our boat from a great day on the lake., She checked our licenses and told us great job on our limit and sent us on our way. Never questioned us about anything not related to our licenses or fish count and size.
    Not one question about quarantine or social distancing.
    Fear mongering helps no one. Please stick to the facts not someone’s opinion or hearsay.
    I have been to Ohio 9 time this year and never encountered any issues of any sort.

If you have valid license go fishing, if the public ramps are closed go to a private ramp and go enjoy yourself

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, “just one more”; your interaction with an ODNR officer is surprising. My understanding you have to be in Ohio 14 days, with valid Ohio out of state license. I’m assuming you are from out of state. Others on blog say the ODNR are turning out of state boats at Mazuriks away. Mixed messages. Why does one ODNR officer allow, other ODNR officers deny launch of out of state fisherman? Am I interpreting this correctly? Very frustrating...
    Lund 1875 Sport Tyee
    Mercury Pro XS 150 4/stroke
    9.9 Pro Mercury kicker
    IPilot Ulterra 112
    Vessel View 703; Lowrance HD

Post Thanks / Like

It don’t say you have to quarantine 14 days says should. Go out of a pay ramp they are not stopping out of stat people from launching

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has their opinion on what Is correct and lawful. I can only speak from my experience and we have never encountered an issue when traveling from out of state,(Indiana) from any law enforcement agency.

My personal opinion is that the 14 day self quarantine is a suggestion not law and would be extremely difficult to enforce or verify. We do not stop anywhere in Ohio except the boat ramps and Practice safe distancing while there.

The DNR will enforce the fish and game laws and I do not believe they are harassing anyone who is lawfully fishing. We bought our $11. “Stamp” and follow the applicable game laws. Never had issue one in 40 odd years of fishing Erie and have been checked many times when docking.

There was an unlucky fisherman who backed in his boat and Ford Excursion completely submerging the truck on the west ramp at Fenwick when we came in. The DNR officer joked with us that we had a better day than that guy🙏
    Last edited by Just One More; 05-06-2020 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Spelling

Post Thanks / Like

We were at private boat ramps and had my boat in a slip. We had a valid license but no stamp for the first 4 months of the year, which we did receive a ticket for a $105.00 fine which we are fighting because the baits do not even know about this stamp you have to have the first 4 months of the year. If you are out of state I have no ideal how you bought your stamp. This is a FACT the DNR of Ohio told us that fishing is closed to out of staters that you can not buy a license in Ohio if you are from out of state this is a FACT and was told we have to go home this IS A FACT!!!!!!!! This was a private Ramp and dock where this happened Fenwick Marine this is a fact so you need to get your facts straight.

Post Thanks / Like

http://ohiodnr.gov/odnr-operations-d...virus-outbreak

"What Is Limited:
    •Parking. If a parking area is full or a parking lot is blocked, move on. Cars parked on roadways or grass will be ticketed.

•Nonresident Access. Non-resident fishing and hunting license sales have temporarily been suspended. Individuals who currently possess a non-resident hunting or fishing license may hunt or fish in Ohio if they abide by ODH guidance to self-quarantine for 14 days before they do so.

•Trout stockings will continue this spring but events associated with stockings have been cancelled.
    If you wish to access Army Corps of Engineers properties, please check their websites for the latest information. Some Army Corps properties are not accessible at this time.

•Shooting Ranges. Class A shooting ranges are closed. All other shooting ranges are open at this time.