State Shut Down State Shut Down State Shut Down State Shut Down
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: State Shut Down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a shame Juls,what this pandemic has caused in such s short time.Hard to imagine something would affect the charter business except lack of fish.Think is a responsible decision.Don't know how you can safely handle rods with everybody touching the gear.Good luck.Hope this pandemic runs its course quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

The Ohio charter association has shut down their charter fishing till April 6th.That date most certainly be extended,as the infection rates will still be increasing by that date.Fishing in a boat by yourself or family would be considered safe from the spread of this virus.When you add more people to that boat is when the risk of spreading it increases.There is a difference of opinion out there on how dangerous this virus is and what constitutes safe social distancing.Be safe.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.
    Post Thanks / Like

Clarification:

Outdoors: Virus guidelines anchor charter fleet, bait shops remain open | Toledo Blade

I would suggest any posts on Covid-19 information be backed with links to or mention of the source. We want to make sure this forum keeps the information correct and allows everyone to check it themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Default West Basin ~~Your Monitoring will help~!

Quote Originally Posted by West Basin View Post
    Clarification:

Outdoors: Virus guidelines anchor charter fleet, bait shops remain open | Toledo Blade

I would suggest any posts on Covid-19 information be backed with links to or mention of the source. We want to make sure this forum keeps the information correct and allows everyone to check it themselves.
    ************************************************** ***************************************

Stay up to date with the medical community , and comply with those guidelines, the best way to keep your self safe and your loved ones.
    Water Dog~!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a boat slipped at Fenwick and live in Cincinnati. I can’t fish because I don’t have a place to stay. I have a totally self contained motorhome but can’t park it on Fenwick’s property because they can’t allow “camping”. Does anyone know where I could park for 2 or 3 days. I would be pulling a car to get back and forth to the ramp and it is just my wife and I. We would not need to have contact with anyone, just a safe place to park. Maybe a church parking lot, closed business? I won’t just pull onto someone’s property without permission.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.
    Post Thanks / Like

FYI:

On the current Miller Boat Line web site update.

Thursday, March 26, 2020 Updates
    "Miller Boat Line will NOT be hauling non-essential travel to Put-in-Bay and Middle Bass Island. This includes, but is not limited to, recreational fishermen with boats and trailers."

Response to COVID 19 – Miller Boat Line : Miller Ferry

Post Thanks / Like

I understood it that way too but all they have to do is write the ticket and you have to prove them there wrong. Hard to do
    also I read that they were hoping that the fishermen would help the motels and restaurants out but I don’t figure many who live close the lake are going to help much there....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Visiting ohio,,

Quote Originally Posted by Cvanburen View Post
    I understood it that way too but all they have to do is write the ticket and you have to prove them there wrong. Hard to do
    also I read that they were hoping that the fishermen would help the motels and restaurants out but I don’t figure many who live close the lake are going to help much there....
    I had talked to Ottawa health department about coming from out of state I have a place in Oak Harbor and she said I could but would have to self quarantine my self for two weeks

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend in the Ohio coastguard. Columbus is watching the launches very closely so please be respectful and keep your distance from others while launching. Also, they’re taking note of out of state plates and which states they’re from. I’m not telling anyone what to do, but just be smart. If we’re all smart not only should we stay healthy, but we might just be able to continue to use the public launches. To clarify: I haven’t heard anything about a fishing ban. I’ve only heard that they’re monitoring launches closely (in fact my coastguard buddy was at Catawba the other weekend).

Post Thanks / Like

Heard the same thing about gov officials watching the ramps.Think they are most concerned with the number of people on the boats.Most people are mostly spread out when launching at ramps.Problem is being able to social distancing on a boat.With 3 or more people on a boat not able to safely distance.If all occupants on a boat are from same family and live together,I would tell any official watching you launch that you are all family.That situation would be acceptable to the state and not added to the list of non compliant boaters.