Stocking up Stocking up Stocking up Stocking up
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Stocking up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

The crankbaits we buy have different actions and run at different depths.The difference is mainly due to the size of the plastic lip on front of lure that causes the lure to dive and move/shake from side to side.Other differences are the size and shape of the body,number and position of treble and having beads or not.These differences make each crank have a different action.Some days the fish prefer one lure over another due to the action of that lure.So people will run several different lures to see what the fish want that day.The Smithwick perfect 10 have the smallest lip and they run shallower and more subtle action.The P10 produced well in the coldest water and run at the slowest speeds when fish are lathergic from the extreme cold.The deep husky jerks and bandits have and have similar action and depth and catch well when water warms a little.The reefrunner 800 have the largest lip,have the most action and run the deepest.But the 800s are difficult to tune due to that large lip.In my opinion,the most important thing to successful catching in order of importance is depth,speed then color.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's some good knowledge, thx bob...I see you are from Royalton. North Olmsted here. Our boats on PIB and now cant even get to it...we are gonna try this trolling thing with cranks this year wneber able to. We just used harnesses last year but a little later in the season. Be nice to catch on crank, takes my senior citizen crew to forever rebait the harnesses...more time out of the water than in...