I had the great fortune of taking a new friend out on Lake Erie for his first walleye fishing trip. We checked off that box on the bucket list. It was windy and it was cold but the heated cabin made it doable for my thin blooded southern Texan. I picked him up at his condo at 7 and we launched at Mazurik by 8 and headed north west. That spot was a little muddy and only produced one fish so I made a move to the north east and found a LOT of fish. They would not eat bandits today. I switched everything to p-10's and slowed to .8 to 1 mph (which was difficult with the gusty wind) no motor needed for trolling today just put on the auto pilot with drift socks and mother nature pushed us around. I ran them on 50' leads with 2oz off shore weights down 20 to 35 feet and we caught this nice fellow his first walleye and 5 more to go with it. I filleted them up for him and his wife to try for the first time for dinner. I'm sure they will be hooked. I have two trips this coming weekend and hope for more limits of those fat walleye.
First time walleye Fishing 2/18/20 with my new Texas friend-21820-001-jpgFirst time walleye Fishing 2/18/20 with my new Texas friend-21820-002-jpg