My wife and I went out around 9:30 from Meinke West (Anchor Point).

We followed the GPS toward the turnaround buoy until we saw a large pack of boats between the buoy and West Sister. We stayed about 3/4 mile from the pack and got the boat set up for trolling.

I have a 27' I/O, so we have to run trolling bags (Amish Outfitter x 2).

We ran worm harnesses behind 2 oz inline sinkers behind Offshore Tackle planer boards.

Both the Gold/Green harnesses with painted/gold blades, and the gold/red harnesses with copper blades seemed to work about the same.

I also wasn't sure on the depth, and think I was running the bait too low most of the time

My autopilot doesn't like when the boat is getting tossed up and down, so we just followed the pack and trolled across the current (North in this case).

We picked up 2 19" walleye within the first 30 minutes, then another 2 about an hour later, and another one before we left.

We ended up with 5 total. Not bad I guess for the first time out in 2 years for Walleye. I hope to get better in time, and maybe mix it up a bit the next time we go out (spoons, bottom bouncers, etc...)

I know my next upgrade needs to be my fish finder. I'm living in 2003 with what I have now. I'm seriously considering either an Elite, or HDS by Lowrance. That will be one hell of an upgrade from my tiny little Raymarine unit that was on the boat when I bought it used back in 2010. Either way, this will be a winter project.

Next trip out I want to try some Tripz divers that I've had for about 5 years now and never got wet.

We normally target the perch mostly, but decided to see if we could get in on some of this fast and furious walleye action we've been hearing so much about!!

Comments/Opinions/Tips/Tricks/Prayers welcome!