It's been ugly. They are predicting the Maumee River to reach 12'. That's 3' over flood stage. End effect will be dirty water from Maumee Bay along the shoreline all the way to the reefs. Needless to say we all know where the current runs along Magee Marsh/Crane Creek so that will take a little more time to seal again.

We are experiencing hefty winds as I write this. I can hear it blowing from inside my house and I have a brick house. Blowing hard out of the west (gusts 40+). This will probably peel ice off Cawtaba and spew it into the open water area east of the islands. Thus say goodbye to getting off Millers Ferry towards Mouse Reef. I hope I am wrong.

The safest area and best chances will be Camp Perry. The reefs push the current NE up and around Port Clinton bay towards the Islands/ South Passage. Many people also access this area from Cawtaba by heading NW or due W. Seemed to me all we had to do was find 22-24 FOW with a little current

I'll go for a road trip and check after the wind settles down.

Be safe. I'll post what I find

Push comes to shove-- the bluegills and crappie should be coming out of the deep water soon.

Good Luck and Good Fishing