Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Saturday 4/6-19

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday 4/6-19

Hello Gang,

Well, I showed up at Catabwa launch about 5:30 AM. There were a few people stiring around but not many, I did not have to wait to launch. My partner was early so that was kool. Got the rig ready up in the lot and a quick in and out at the ramp. ( Nice Ramps)

It was dark so we just took our time heading to the Big White Nuclear Cloud Machine. I saw a few people letting her rip, but from all the logs I saw floating, I 'm glad I waited until I could at least see the surface pretty good. My rig is not a 90K machine, but either way I don't want to smack a log.

Once I could, I let my rig drink some fuel, very good for it I think.

The lake was almost placid (Beautiful for sure) Not often do I get to see it this way. My old buddy Jim and I decided to hit Niagra, so that was where we went. Soon it was a pretty busy place.

I started off with a large jigging Rap. Blue and chrome. I just love those things. It wasn't long and I had a dandy, only problem was, it wasn't hooked at the right end so, a little bit of flipping at the surface and it was loose and free. I caught Caught several more 16-17 inchers on same Rap. I had big hopes so I set them free too. Switched to Hair jigs and I got 2 that were around 19 so I put them in the box. My buddy was a bit frustrated (one of those days where nothing happens for you- lol) so around noon we headed a bit East from Niagra, (29-31 Fow) there was quite a crew working that zone, so we found a good course and joined in.

We tried P-10's on two rods, 30/30 (clown) and 30/50 (lime crush " i thinK") 2 oz. clip weights. One Bandit Humblebee back 90 ft. and One Deep Down Husky Jerk (Pink Clown) 115 back. the fish marked around 20 ft. in 29-30 fow. I tried to maintain about .9 mph. " I did see a lot of fast moving trollers though" Wonder how they did?

It wasn't long and we soon had a nice 20 incher in the net. A few flag smacks in the next 45 minutes, and then bam another 20 incher. Both on Deep Down Husky Jerk same color. So we reeled in one of the P-10 rigs and send a Glass Pink Clown DDHJ 115 back. bang. that one picked one up. Long story short, we ended up catching on 3 rods rigged with DDHJ same speed same depth and those are the only rigs we caught them on Saturday pulling baits. Pink Clown- Glass Pink Clown- Silver we caught fish on all of them and nothing else. Two tickets of some really nice fish. Took a while but I made a 100 mile trip back home and there was still a little light in the sky.

What a beautiful day on the lake- My face is so burnt I think I will become of those masked fisherman soon.. Don't know what to buy?

I wish you all a Great Season! Sure ready to live on that water!!

Kent
    Last edited by pimplepounder; 04-08-2019 at 08:42 PM. Reason: spelling error
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium