Hello guys and gals, with season just around the corner it's time for some new line counter reels. The wife, my son and I took a trip to wheeling wv to cabelas yesterday to get info on the best bang for the buck and I was totally disappointed. What a waste of 5 hours drive time. First, let me say we went there so my son could see the whitetail world , as I know there's closer cabelas stores. Anyway, the store associates were not helpful at all. The reels they had on display were a disappointment as well. Picked up everything from shimanos, diawas, okumas, and each one had nonfunctional aspects. I was like holy cow, swap them out, as these were display units so you could handle them. Line counters didn't work, handles loose, drag nonadjustable, etc. Wow, horrible!! So, where I stand now is to go the the guys and gals on this awesome site for an idea. Should have posted something here before traveling. Appreciate any advice. As far as budget, I'm looking to stay in the 100 to 200 dollar range per reel. O yeah, and it will be for walleye on our great lake, lake erie. Thanks for taking the time to help me out. Good luck to you all this season!!