Quote Originally Posted by West Basin View Post
I prefer not to comment on political topics on this forum since it's not supposed to be about politics.
But this post is an exception.

I won't go long winded and explain the background of this type of legal doctrine. You can do your own research. I will make this as objective as possible.

1. The proposed "Lake Erie Bill of Rights" vote in Toledo next Tuesday, if passed, will do nothing of significance to help protect Lake Erie. We have passed laws and policies for over 50 years to protect the Lake from pollution and other damaging issues. All we need to do is monitor and enforce those laws and regulations, and make sure they are well funded and well administered as well as updated.

2. The "LEBOR" is primarily a political action, not an environmental action. It's purpose is to provide a small
political group the legal power to have a much bigger influence. That's what this kind of legal idea is designed to do. Circumvent the duly established legal and regulatory system.

I have little doubt many people who favor the issue have a sincere interest in protecting Lake Erie. Everyone needs to make sure they understand what this issue really is, not just the superficial image, before they vote.

Thank you for posting West Basin! This is scary.

If anyone is considering voting for this legislation, please do your homework.

It is the equivalent to "trees have rights".