Quote Originally Posted by Old Wheezer View Post
Haven't heard what the money will be used for but I don't think $11 will hurt us much. Out of state annual license has been a real bargain in Ohio.

Don't really like it, especially after they had increased the non-regular non-resident license.Don't know what the intent is for money generated from the permit, but it should have been imposed on everyone IMO. Been easier to swallow if it would have been incorporated into the regular license fee, then to impose a special permit fee, because your a non-resident.If i iced fished it alot, it might be different. Campground opens in April, and i usually put my boat in, the middle, to latter part of April ( weather permitting ) ,so i guess, for the sake of one to two weeks to fish, untill the permit expires, i won't get one, as it's not needed from May till end of December. Michigan imposed a substantial increase in a non-resident license, a few years ago, and got their a$$'es burnt, because of decreased sales. Had to lower the prices the next year.