It's looking like it's going to be another year where our beloved emerald shinners are hard to find, so more ppl will be using goldies. For those that don't know sometimes goldens come from water close or in the area's where Asian carp live. Baby Asian carp look very very similar to golden shinners. Please don't dump any living bait into the lake. I don't even dump my dead ones anymore. If not saving them for later, please please please for the sake of the this lake we all love, scoop them up and put them in a bag. The cost of cheap bags is a few bucks for the entire season, it's just not worth the chance that one of those carp finds its way in.

I love hearing the consistent better size of the perch being had. A limit going 10, 12+ pounds live weight. Just a few years ago a limit was 7/8.

It's been a very blessed year on the water for fishing. Walleye bite like we haven't seen in almost 2 decades, perch size that normally you had to run 20+ miles east to get. Nice to see a health fish population.