Ice fishing Ice fishing Ice fishing Ice fishing
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice fishing

silverfoxIII Guest

Default Ice fishing

Fished monday and tuesday 4 walleye on mon and 8 on tuesday. All fish over 5 lbs and couple were fish ohio. Lost @ 12 on way up or at hole. Mon was slow but tues was better. Fish are definetly there and pretty aggressive. Keep jiggin and be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ?

where were u fishing out of

silverfoxIII Guest

Default Ice fishing

Fished catawba area

bowhunt Guest

how far out did you have to go to get the fish tues was a bust for us

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Catawba

Fished Tuesday and Wed. Tuesday we went too far. 4.5 mi NW. Lost one at the hole. Fould hooked it and foul gaff job sent it swimming. Oh well. Wed we fished 1.0 mi out off Millers Ferry. Fish are there but very tempermental/finicky. We caught 6 between 3 of us and lost 6. Fish atarted biting at 1:00. All in all the fishing has been hit or miss. A few limits for the lucky holes and a couple fish for each seems to be the story this far.

God I wish I could get off Camp Perry or Magee Marsh.

Be advised that the latest snow blew some good drifts there and with winds forcasted between 15-25 SW today they will just develop again or I would be there today. You may want to carry extra gas with you if you plan a long run.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default lures/color

What colors do you suggest, and what's the techinque, you can see I have some catching up to do...

hi . sounds great where did you go out of ? if you don't mind sharing info??
    thanks

bowhunt Guest

is the ice at Magee marsh still bad

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Colors and types

We had our hits on a Medium sized Silver Swedish Pimple with Green Prizm and on J5 Rapalas-- Perch in Gold Metallic. We used one or two minnows on the treble hook. Presentation varied. Jerk and let fall. Jerk let fall then twitch. Jerk and let fall twice and on the 3rd jerk stop it at the top and lower slowly. Lastly dropping it on the bottom and jerk up then repeat. They are finicky. Ya have to try it all. I have also heard that they have been hitting on blue and silver rapalas. Don't know what size, but the J5 seems to satisfy all sizes of eyes. They seem to be traveling between 18-27 FOW. We were in 26 FOW. You will see two packs out off Mouse Island area. ya got a 50/50 chance of picking the right one. LOL. Our fish averaged between 20" and 24.5". Still waiting for hog mama.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Launch Point

We launched out of Catawba SP and it was a joy in the blizzard. You can cut the travel distance considerably by launching at Millers Ferry if you intend on fishing between Mouse Island and South Bass, BUT!, the access point is very steep going off and seems steeper coming back. Especially at the top. You may want to view the launch point before unloading. The launch area is west of Millers Ferry approx 200 yards. If your traveling light and enjoy your 4 wheeler you can probably handle it, but if you have to pack for you and all your buddies you may want to consider Cawtaba SP or portage gear gear down to and from the ice. Not saying it's not safe. Just a good challenge. I run a 500 Foreman and we had to portage due to carrying 2 shanties and the sled was top heavy.