Perch Perch Perch Perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Perch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone having any luck in Michgan Waters???

Post Thanks / Like

Run straight out of Bolles Harbor, look for the pack, and fish somewhere else in the area. There are fish all over. You will have to sort through some junk. Fished 3hrs caught 65 keepers 17.5 lbs at the cleaners.

Post Thanks / Like

7/30
    Back to the same spot 2 of us caught a limit in 4 hours. A lot more 6 and 7 inch throw backs, and no shortage of white perch and sheephead. Got a 50/50 mix of shiners and goldies from A and Js, 21 lbs at Shatto's. Taking a group of 6 out in the morning. Looks like a rough ride out, supposed to smooth out as the day goes on.

Post Thanks / Like

8\23
    3 of us went back to the area north of A can that I had been fishing the last 3 days. Started fishing at 10 am and headed back around 2 pm with our 90 perch. It took a while for the guys with me to get used to the light bite, and they went through a lot of bait till they got the hang of it. Only had a few shorts to throw back, and a few white perch that we fed the seagulls. Still using 3 hook crappy rigs with most perch being caught on the top hooks. Got 4 scoops of those nice size (1 inch) goldies from A and Js Bait, and the 90 fish weighed 29 lbs at Shatto's.Perch-23-jpg
    Last edited by 5285; 08-23-2020 at 10:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch 8/21, 8/22, 8/23

Quote Originally Posted by 5285 View Post
    8\23
    3 of us went back to the area north of A can that I had been fishing the last 3 days. Started fishing at 10 am and headed back around 2 pm with our 90 perch. It took a while for the guys with me to get used to the light bite, and they went through a lot of bait till they got the hang of it. Only had a few shorts to throw back, and a few white perch that we fed the seagulls. Still using 3 hook crappy rigs with most perch being caught on the top hooks. Got 4 scoops of those nice size (1 inch) goldies from A and Js Bait, and the 90 fish weighed 29 lbs at Shatto's.Perch-23-jpg
    Fished the same program as above for 3 days with 4 guys. we ran all over the lake from Water intake, Crane Reef, B can and A can. Caught about 90% of our fish around A can in 3 days. 90 perch on Thursday and 25 pounds at cleaners. 30 fish on Friday and 12 pounds at cleaners and 70 perch on Saturday, with 19 pounds at cleaners. Fished about 6 hours each day. On Thursday we got some large emerald shiners at Hi-way Dons that we had to cut in half and thirds. I think this lead to the bigger catch on Thursday out of the three days. Friday and Saturday we used Goldies from Butch and Denny's.

Bite was light. Used crappie rigs with an additional snelled hook on sinker clip that caught a lot of fish on Thursday and Friday however like above, the bite on Saturday was coming off the top hook! Fishing was a little slow at times however we limited on 30 packs of Busch Latte each day to make a great trip with two old sets of brothers!

Post Thanks / Like

9\15
    Only fished twice in the last two weeks. Friday 9/4 went 2 miles south of A can in 22 fow by myself it took 5 hours to catch a limit using crappy rig and goldies from A and Js. 8 lbs at Shatto's.
    Went back to the same spot at noon today, only took 2 hours to catch my 30. Still using 3 hook crappy rig and today A and Js had emerald shiners with about a third goldies mixed in. fish weighed 9 lbs at Shatto's. Planning on heading back out tomorrow before the wind kicks up Thursday and Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

My 15 weighed 7lb at Marblehead fish cleaning, what quality of fish are you catching. Hope someone isn't putting their thumb on the scale.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here but at the toledo light house the freezer is full of perch for the long winter and the boat has been pulled out. Hope next year is a repeat.
    Thanks Matt

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.