Perch Perch Perch Perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Perch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

10/18-19-20
    2 of us went south of A can Fri afternoon, marked some fish and dropped our lines at 2:15, had our 60 in the box and headed in at 5pm. Bite went exactly as it has all month. threw back a bunch of 5 t 7 inch yellow perch, fed 50+ white perch and gobys to the gulls. Fish weighed 14 lbs at Shato's fish cleaning and were caught on A and J baits emerald shiners. Sat. my brother came up and 3 of us started at Little Pickerel with goldies and left over shiners. Caught 4 in an hour moved to Crib got 3 more in an hour. Headed west about 3 miles, slowed down in 18' f water and found some good marks. Caught 32 decent 8 to 10" then they quit. Went to B can for a few hours, then came in with 48 yellow perch. Sunday had 2 more friends join us so we took the 30 footer, they had stopped in Sandusky and found some emerald shiners . Went to A can caught 5 in 1 hour, went over to the gravel pit caught 8 in an hour and a half, noticed they were full of fleas again. Moved 2 miles south of A can and started catching a few, noticed the fleas were huge almost an inch. My buddy picked one off the floor put it on a hook and immediately caught a 9 incher. We went through the box and found 5 more fleas in fish we had caught. 3 minutes later we had 5 more nice perch. For the next 3 hours we would catch a perch, pull the fleas out of it and catch some more. Ended up with 97 yellow perch, and fed the gulls a bucket full of white perch. All fish were caught on crappie rigs fished on the bottom. If anyone knows where I can buy a pint of fleas for next week please let me know.
    Last edited by 5285; 10-21-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

5285, thanks for the report. Nice job! I'm struggling to picture in my mind the fleas you were finding in the perch. I thought spiny water fleas were very small, maybe 1/32" long. The things that accumulate on the line when you troll. Sounds like you're describing something much larger.