Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Perch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Big news in the mail today. Got my USCG Master Captains License

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the USCG Master Captain's License!

Post Thanks / Like

7/24-25/19
    Tried A B and G can, the intake and Wards for 2 long days. Marked some small schools of perch. Pulled a few but never did get them going. Goldies and frozen shiners, spreaders and crappy rigs. Fished mostly on the bottom, but tried up higher also. I made up some files to look like sand fleas and will try them in the morning. If anyone is having any luck with catching any perch I would appreciate a heads up. I've enjoyed the walleye bite and have a freezer full of them, but it's supposed to be the start of perch season.

Post Thanks / Like

Any News of perch in the west? Very disappointed with this years haul. And the clock is ticking, unfortunately I'm starting to lose hope for this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Sat over some of the best marks I've had in a while for 45 minutes yesterday without so much as a nibble. Wind was picking up so I decided to go back in and watch football.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rkfet View Post
    Sat over some of the best marks I've had in a while for 45 minutes yesterday without so much as a nibble. Wind was picking up so I decided to go back in and watch football.
    Great decision. Everyone i talked to yesterday was catching nothing. We went east of Kelly's in the morning and went west in the afternoon. Mostly fished for walleye. Fished 8am to 8pm. Caught 3 fish. No perch

Post Thanks / Like

I'm done with moving, moving, moving, fishing for 6 hours to get 2. Until the bite starts to pick up, if I can't get them going within the first hour or so, I'm calling it quits.

Post Thanks / Like

10\15
    Two of us went to Crib Reef at 10 am this morning. Tried several spots with decent marks and caught (1) 13" perch in 2 hours. Came back to L can and tried for an hour with no takers. Headed up to A can and caught our limit in 2 hours. Perch were 7 to 12" with lots of 4 to 6" throw backs. also fed 60+ white perch to the pack of gulls setting around us. Almost used all the 4 generous scoops of emerald shiners we got at Bite Me Bait. Fish were caught on 3 hook crappie rigs on the bottom. All fish caught with in a 100 feet of the can.

Perch-1015-jpg
    Last edited by 5285; 10-15-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe those big perch think they are walleye hanging out on the rocks by Crib.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why but crib seems to always hold monster perch.......just dont always get big numbers of them
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters