Being fair means posting the bad as well as the good I guess, and today was the bad for what it is worth. Looks like I am going to have to bite the bullet and load up the trolling gear - which is not my first choice. Two of us with lots of experience were shut out casting this morning north of West Sister. On the water by 7:30. Called it about noon when turned flat and hot....with all of 4 white perch to show for about five hours casting. Marks all over the finder. Top to bottom full of fish....I mean full of marks....everywhere we stopped....but none were hungry. Nice chop to start. Decent drift. I threw all my go to baits and colors - mayfly rigs, various weight forwards. Dragged a couple of harnesses on the bottom on second rods. Fished from near Sister out to near border. Out of the pack. In the pack. Up and down the column. Even stopped and tried shallow water on way in. You get the drift.

Not even one short walleye. Not one sheephead. Narry a yellow perch. Only good thing about today was had plenty time to scrub the boat. Some trollers did get limits....but radio traffic sounded like many of them too were struggling. Guy at gas dock said same thing. Don't know if it was the mayfly hatch or full moon. Buddy fished yesterday all afternoon/evening and only got one...I thanked him for making me feel not so bad.

Ooops...title should be shutout, surely not shoutout....won't let me edit.