Low dollar trolling question Low dollar trolling question Low dollar trolling question Low dollar trolling question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your advice guy's , basically my budget for this start up is about $300 so I'm going with the minimum right now. I i have an elite 4 gps/fish finder and according to that my boat (22' sundowner) It idles at about 2 mph. So if I troll into the wind that should drop a little. I might have to get a drift bag but we will cross that bridge later. Thanks guys I'll let u know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

You will want trolling bags, they are built heavier than drift bags. Most smaller boats, especially with running little boards tend to do better picking fish going with the waves, in line boards run smoother this way. Keep an eye on cl or ebay, might find some used boards or bags to help stretch that 300 budget, unfortunately 300 doesn't go far when buying fishing tackle.

Might try contacting some of the captains you know, they might have some older equipment they have cycled out or upgraded that still works fine they might be willing to let go.

Don't overlook running a few dispeys too, they are like 15 bucks or so each and you can run several per side. Won't have the spread of inline or big boards but they do put fish on the boat. I know almost every trip we run at least 2 if not 4. They are not normally our main producer of fish, but seems like during the summer months the larger fish of the day seem to come on them.
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

Post Thanks / Like

if i was going on the cheap it would be the Okuma magda pro. 45.00 to 50.00 on ebay. but you'll be miles ahead with Daiwa accudepth plus reels 65.00 to 70.00 on ebay. these will last you for many yrs.