Quote Originally Posted by Gerry D View Post
Been a caster all my life. I want to start trolling this year on a blue collar budget. I have read as much info on this page as I can find and I really appreciate all the info u folks put out. From the info I've gathered from u guys I've decided to invest in 4 counter real rod combos and some bandits and spoons to start with. I will work up from there. Going to go with inline planners on the outside and tt 30's off the back. (Fishing west of beesy and south of west sister to the turn around. ) I've read mono is best to use with in lines. Question; am I pointed in the right direction for a low dough weekender? Capt. Jules Capt Eric your word is gospel to me. And all else that contribute. Like I said I'm just a weekender that wants to show my parents and wife a great time. Any advice would b great. I intend to buy my lures locally. Where can I get the ib frozen and other popular bandits?
Welcome to the "dark side", haha! Sounds like you should get at least 6 rods. 2 dipseys would be good too for getting down deeper later in the year. Rickards Bait has a wide variety of bandits and spoons. Auto pilot is almost a must and you need a kicker or bags to get your speed down. You mentioned running boards off the sides and tt's off the back? While you can certainly straight line 1 or 2 lines, you may want to run at least 2 boards on a side. Its much harder to tell if a fish is on if you don't have multiple boards running in line to see one fall out of line. If you run a bandit behind 1 board and a tt with spoon behind the other, they will pull substantially different. I like running bandits on one side and tt with spoons on the other. Going on a charter with Capt. Jules would be very educational. Capt. Eric has walk on days, but because he runs big boards it might not be as beneficial for you.