Fishfinder Fishfinder Fishfinder Fishfinder
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fishfinder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Garmin used to not have a true down facing transducer element. They stitched together 2 wider angle cones to create the down image. I don't know if that has changed. I heard side scan on Erie open water isn't really helpful, and the water clarity doesn't help alot........but if night fall fishing the shallows maybe it will help.......I have yet to use one personally, but my new unit is a simrad go7, it does have side scan, but I bought it for the price, 400 bucks including the total scan transducer. From what I found it should be very similar to a lowrance elite tI 7.

It sounds like you not needing networking and all that stuff so the unit like the hds, oniks, and paying for all of that stuff you don't need doesn't make sense I wanted a ti7, but only because my.family boat ha's an elite 5......no fishing I only use it for GPS and dept, and the elite 7ti uses the same mount and it could do double duty, but it was 200+ bucks more than this deal.

Lowrance has a new hook2 series that I think uses a smaller transducer.....I know the plug end is alot small no more 1" hole to get through the hull, which is something I have hated about lowrance for a long time. The new series includes side, down,chirp, all for like 650 for a 7" unit.

Just do a lot of homework, find out what your needs are

Couple videos i used to help me make up my.mind, the second video is really long but has a ton of info I never new about sonar b4.

https://youtu.be/s1ll1q6WHkk

https://youtu.be/2Q9izOwp1aU
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 01-15-2018 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Typo