Easy Question for the Expeienced Easy Question for the Expeienced Easy Question for the Expeienced Easy Question for the Expeienced
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

I run a shorter leader when fishing by myself, the netting issue cost me a huge fish last year. When by myself I get the fish in front of the net and drop them back to the net, that way most of the fish is in the net before the hooks get there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I run a shorter leader when fishing by myself, the netting issue cost me a huge fish last year. When by myself I get the fish in front of the net and drop them back to the net, that way most of the fish is in the net before the hooks get there
    X2 we do the same thing, plus if the fish comes off due to slack a lit of time with the net behind them they just slide right into the net

Post Thanks / Like

Jets filled with water are not correct, these will not drive correctly. I had a tt trip get water in it, they replaced it

Post Thanks / Like

We use Sams pro release's up front, they are like 10 bucks each. I use the offshore snapper in the back. Don't remember the number, it's black with a retaining pin. I wrap it once around the clip cause it does slip in my braid every once and while. I run an extra swivel a few feet in front of my clip so to stop any slide down from getting to the fish when I'm running cranks. I would think the red clips with a pin would work just as well. Mine had these on when I bought them so I have not tested or used the other style. I think in the last few years I've had a board fall off once or twice......but it could be traced back to when the snap was closed the pin went outside the hole not in. So i take a few seconds now when putting out or take 20 mins to fetch a board.

As far as how I put out, I put my running depth, say 50, then my boatd, then my out say 100. I just put the board in let out the 100on a basicly free spool with the clicker on. Once out just lock it in and in a min it's pulled out to the side. So let's say they are all at 50 back, with 100, 75, and 50 out the side. Fish come's in on the middle. I put back out the 50, board, then 75 the same way, right out the back with the clicker on, lock it in and it will pull up the middle right between 1 and 3 just as it was. It does take a min or so to side up into place, and the extra pull at that time makes a bite hard to see if it occurs and sometime that board will look lagging back like a fish hangin on it. It just take's a few trips in differs conditions to see how they normally react to how you have yours set. Not all sets of boards pull the same, I have 1 of my 8 that always lags back, I try not to use it till last, it's marked , it looks lie a fish is always on it for some reason.
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 08-05-2017 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Typo