Ok, so I finally broke down and tried trolling on wednesday. I got a fluke 14" out near west sister right away then nothing. I was using mini discs because of the ability to use the directional adjustment. After a couple hours I realized I probably couldnot get any deeper than 20' no matter how much line I let out. I ran up to Monroe and ran around in 22' and did very well even though they were shorts. I got one keeper and lost 3 that were also big enough to keep. Netting by yourself with a 6 foot leader is somewhat of a chore. Lol. So do you guys change the treble on stinger spoons? Do you add a stinger behind the treble?
Another easy one. Can I run Tru-tips being my Church boards, is that the only way to keep them from coming together behind the boat? Thanks in advance! You guys with all the answers have my respect and all the help is greatly appreciated!
BTW, I was using spoons very similar to Purple demon, but without the pink dots 140'back at about 2.4 mph. I was about halfway between Detroit Edison and Toledo Harbor light.