Quote Originally Posted by pimplepounder View Post
I remember a day during the Walleye run back in the early 1990's A friend of mine and myself put in a small 12 ft. boat at Orleans Park in Perrysburg. Right off the bat we had trouble with the outboard so we drifted down stream perhaps 500 yards and was able to get back into some slow water on the South bank. We had waders and all so we decided to fish from there and drag the boat back at the end of our day.

Long story short I think the limit was 10 per person back then. We both caught our limit easily, but what sticks my mind the most were two specific fish I caught oneof the fish a male weighed 6 pounds, but the odd thing about was is that it did not have any eyes. It never had ever had eyes!! Just skin and it was a strong healthy fish. The other memorable fish from the same day was another jack that weighed about the same. It had a hog ring tag in its lower jaw marked ( Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources), but that is not the odd part. The memorable part was that I caught it by the hog ring.. lol I have a living witness who just shook is head that day.
Wonder how the warden would view this today??????