Memorable/big fish you have caught? Memorable/big fish you have caught? Memorable/big fish you have caught? Memorable/big fish you have caught?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have caught a few 29" walleye on Erie and the Maumee during the spawn. One may have been 30". Two stories of fish that got away... First was on a bigger inland lake in Minnesota. Was trolling for pike and walleye all day long (so my drag was set fairly stiff) and we divided to hit the shallows for a bit with a hook/worm for bluegills. 5 minutes in to having a little piece of worm on a small hook something took it and ran with my drag out. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and snap... Line broke. Seriously didn't even seem like taking the line out with my drag setting was any problem for this fish and it was set for big pike... Similar story out on Erie once but I'm assuming that one was a big sheepshead. Trolling for eyes and something took my line and ran. Let it take my drag back until I hardly had any line left and really tightened it and it snapped my leader off... Almost forgot... My biggest fish was a 17lb lake trout on Superior. Spoons off down riggers. Two other cool stories. Was trolling the Mississippi and lost a lure. Next pass I caught my lure lol. Also was fishing for rainbows and an inland lake and had 6 nice ones on a stringer. Stringer broke off and started to sink to the bottom in 40 fow. My buddy stripped down to his underwear and dove in. Couldn't even see the fish anymore and the clarity was at least 10ft. 15 seconds later he comes up with our stringer
    Last edited by Pauken23; 07-20-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

It was about 10 years ago now but i caught a 14.2 pound walleye ice fishing and the biggest perch of my life 13.5 inches. Any way i took them in to have mounted on a piece of drift wood, but before I got them back i was involved in a bad car wreck and then could not afford to get them back. The local wall mart bought them and the are on display to this day. RT41 and 30 in Indiana.