Well, I fought the breeze and the water in my face and made it over the Kelly's at sunrise. The water was not the friendliest for my 18 ft. craft, but outside of getting a wet face and shirt I made it over just fine. I pretty much had the same event heading back to Mazuricks this evening but not quite as bad.

I spent most of the day on the East side of Kelly's out far enough that I was in 42 fow. By the end of the day my chart was a mess of lines. I spent most of the time due East and did not fish past the North point nor the South. I ended up getting my 6 and they are on ice right now. I lost two at the net. Of those that I kept the shortest is 18 but I landed 3 very nice fish around 22 inches I'd say, and one brute that I will have to measure in the morning but it has to be at least 27. That is pretty good, 4 out of the 6 were well over 20 inches!!

I caught the large one on a "Wakina" style crawler harness I put together. They work great! It was mostly purple with some pink beads too. I caught two on a black/silver 3inch count down rapala, which I towed behind a #2 tadpole at 55ft back. The rest I caught on stinger spoons (Monkey Puke) it seemed that 50-60 back was the ticket for #2 tadpoles.

I caught many shorts, and lots of huge gaspargoo's. And one big cat... I lost a very nice smallmouth too. it hit the stinger spoon bright and early in some shallower water. Perhaps tomorrow I will have a couple pics.. I was by myself and I'm not to good on the selfie stuff while I am bouncing around.