Bigger Fines for Poaching Needed! Bigger Fines for Poaching Needed! Bigger Fines for Poaching Needed! Bigger Fines for Poaching Needed!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

I for one agree with the 2 pole limit. I go fishing to "relax" and have fun. If I went strictly for the fish I would save the $150-$200 a weekend I spend on gas, worms, etc, and stop off at Port Clinton fish company and buy some fillets and still have beer money left. If I could go out every day and catch my limit in an hour it would become pretty boring! As for the limits it wouldn,t bother me a bit to see the walleye limit kept at 4 for a few years if that would help to get the population back to where it was in the 80's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
    I for one agree with the 2 pole limit. I go fishing to "relax" and have fun. If I went strictly for the fish I would save the $150-$200 a weekend I spend on gas, worms, etc, and stop off at Port Clinton fish company and buy some fillets and still have beer money left. If I could go out every day and catch my limit in an hour it would become pretty boring! As for the limits it wouldn,t bother me a bit to see the walleye limit kept at 4 for a few years if that would help to get the population back to where it was in the 80's.
    There are times I go out personally to relax, but other I am out there to get my fish. With a couple kids under 5, there are days I only have 2 or 3 hrs to fish but not 8. As stated before fishing should also be about skill, and I go out by myself and I can keep up with 3 or 4 or more poles and drive safely, the extra poles would help me to get my legal limit, get in and spend the rest of the day with my family.

The law makers are in a tough corner a lot of times, trying to keep with everything from all sides.

I don't want to see an increase in limits, I would like to ppl be able to keep the 14" fish that get gilled and are going to die and feed the seagulls. Course ppl are going argue then there is nothing to stop ppl from getting a limit of 14" fish. And this is true, but we all know there is not much meat on 14" fish so I would think that fact alone would help prevent that. But I don't see the since in having to return a fish I know is going die, just to get another in its place. That's the same as taking the extra fish out lake anyways.
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 06-21-2017 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Typos