Magee East thanks for your post. I will say this, everyone is tired of the prices going up ( on every thing ) just to fund wasteful spending. The reality is prices have to go up and we understand that, we just want our money spent more wisely. I do guided deer hunts in central OH for out of state clients. They all are extremely impressed with the hunting in OH and the low prices for tags. Honestly in most of their states I couldn't afford to hunt due to the prices for out of state hunters. I tell all of my hunters I think OH should charge them whatever it would cost me to hunt in their state. Obviously I'm joking, but I definitely think the state of OH is under charging for out of state hunters. The proof is that everyone wants to hunt here, its great hunting. The better something is the more it should be worth. I would hate to see the state raise prices to a point were the average person couldn't afford to come, but I think everyone would understand a price increase.

I have more than my share of complaints about some of Ohio laws and regulations, but in the end the ODNR has managed our wildlife extremely well. Look at states like Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania that should have similar success, but don't because of poor management now or in the past. I for one am very pleased with the hunting and fishing in OH and don't mind paying a little more since I'm seeing great results. I don't think not agreeing with everything ODNR does is a valid reason to be against a price increase. I do however agree that our older residents shouldn't have to pick up the bill. I for one would be willing to pay a few more dollars on top of any increase with the understanding that it would be to offset costs for older hunters icenses.