Drift Fisher wants to try trolling Drift Fisher wants to try trolling Drift Fisher wants to try trolling Drift Fisher wants to try trolling
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally have had great luck with Berkley Tracer Braided line. Goes from light green to dark green every 2.5 ft and visa versa so you just count 5 every time light green is done. Have also had success measuring and marking white braided line with a sharpie. My white line I marked (knock on wood) hasn't had problems in over a year. I run leaders off the braided so if something breaks it's that. For the marked white line I made a small mark every 5 ft, than I have 2 thick lines at 25, 4 thick lines at 50, 3 thick lines at 75, 2 at 100 and 1 more at 125. I haven't done it yet but plan on marking the light green part of my Tracer line at the same approximate distances. Not needed really on the Tracer if you have a good memory and can add by 5 lol. Still, adjusting the line out after its set could be easier with sharpie marks at exact lengths. I myself don't have money for line counter reels or attachments. I fish a lot of different water and like the marked braided line for many situations. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Pauken23; 05-16-2017 at 02:20 AM.