Quote Originally Posted by fishNtails View Post
Is bottom paint a necessity if I put the boat in a marina? If so, is that DIY job or should I have someone do it? Recommendations?

Thanks
I once made the mistake of docking a boat for the season without bottom paint. To say I was sorry would be an understatement. At that time we had a boat at Fenwick. There are a lot of things to consider with bottom paint.I don't consider it A fun do it yourself job, but it is one that you can do yourself and save considerable money. Has it ever been painted before ? if so ,what type of paint ? Again , do a little homework and I am confident you'll have good results. I use an alblative paint that wears during the seasons use exposing fresh biocides as it wears. Comes in many price ranges and colors. If done correctly you wont need to do it every year. I am not an expert on the subject. Lots of info on line about bottom paint. I strongly recommend bottom paint for a boat docked for the season unless you plan on pulling it out from time to time to scrub the bottom.