Black Pearl and others

A friend of mine and myself launched at Catabwa on Saturday morning the lake was flat. We went towards the Power plant as though we would went on the ice maybe 3 miles. We were jigging using our flashers. The water was pretty clear and I managed to catch one at that spot. We decided to head East , there was a pack of boats in front of Put-in bay.. We caught a few dinks and some junk. We then went North between Green Island and South Bass, favoring N/E Green, 33 fow. The wind was SW so the was no wind hardly, it was warm. The water was very murky , I suppose do to the wind smacking into Green Is. Had things stirred up, but we started marking fish. So we set up shop and started jigging. The most productive jig we found was a w7 jigging rap in blue and chrome. ( 2.75 inches) tipped with minnow heads. We caught a lot of shorts, 10 nice yellow perch, some enourmous trash perch and 5 more keepers. The largest was 21 and we lost one that was i'm sure close to 30. Everything we caught appeared to be males. All and all a good day for January 21.