I will be attending my family reunion near Ft. Wayne, Indiana on 7 Aug., and I plan on fishing the western basin on 8 and 9 Aug., and would greatly appreciate any help I can get with respect to general areas to fish for Walleyes and Perch. I joined the Air Force in 1980, and between my Air Force time and civilian time working for the Defense Intelligence Agency, I was able to retire in 2007, although I have continued working for Defense contractors since then, and I've spent a lot of time in some not so fun places over the last few years, so I am finally getting a chance to attend my family reunion, after missing it the last 5 years. WaliDave had helped me in the past, and I have sent him several messages, but he has not responded, and I have not seen any blogs from him, so I hope everything is OK, as he was very helpful to me in the past. I am bringing my son and boat along and would like to fish on the Western basin for walleye and perch. I would appreciate any info on general areas to fish for casting and areas for trolling. Also, general areas to find perch. I've been watching recent posts, and have a few ideas on where to look for both walleyes and perch, but would appreciate info on best lures for casting and trolling. A spreader with minnows seems to be the choice for perch, so I will probably pick some up at a bait shop. I would also appreciate thoughts on best boat ramp(s) to use for western basin. I used to fish the western basin as a teenager in the late 1970's, but things have changed a lot since then. Sorry for the long post, and appreciate any help I can get.
Phil