Dialed in. Dialed in. Dialed in. Dialed in.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dialed in.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Between Meinkes and intake. Maybe 2 miles from intake. Hard to say exactly. I was in 17 fow is all i know for certain. The plan was to perch fish by the intake. Never made it that far.

While I'm here asking questions.....
    I switched my release clips out for Scotty clips. I have to wrap the line through both clips to avoid the line from sliding. I use 30 lb braid. Why does my line slide? Wrapping around the clips makes it difficult to take the board off and causes it to slack up when it finally releases. Any advice here? Ive never been able to just snap the pole and release the bait side clip, or even have a fish do it when it hits. (i always assumed thats how the boards were supposed to work. Allowing them to fall back behind the boat when a fish hits)
    Sorry if that question doesn't make much sense. Wasn't sure how to word it...

Post Thanks / Like

We always take the front clip off first and tell the person to start reeling while getting to the back pin. Brad does like to slip and for that reason I use 17# mono. I used to wrap the front clip but it is a hassle to get that free, with the mono once in a great while it will slip probable because of not getting the line far enough into the clip. Never slow down.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav