Tru trips  40 Tru trips  40 Tru trips  40 Tru trips  40
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tru trips 40

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobM1969 View Post
    OK guys, this might be a stupid question but I will ask anyway because I'm new around here. I've seen a lot of talk about the TT's on this board but don't own them and have never fished with them. How do you use them? Are they basically like a Dipsy Diver, but with a different shape? Or are they something completely different? Thanks in advance for your help.
    TT divers are non directional and fish straight back from their point of entry into the water, so if you need to spread them out you will need either the small boards or big boards to do that part for you. You may want to consider the TT 30 diver as they will work better with the Off Shore Boards. The dive curve on the package is relatively accurate so you would be good to go using that for depth reference.

The tripping mechanism is very sensitive and requires much less tension than one would necessarily think. You will need a #1 Phillips screw driver to make the adjustment. It just tightens the screw down and pinches the trip wire. Set it so very little effort is needed to trip it then loosen it a bit more, use just enough tension so you will no get false releases but will release with just about any added wt on the lure. It is a short learning curve so don't get discouraged.

Fishermens Wharf in Port Clinton should have them as well as Rickards, Magee East most likely has them also. Color at least on the Western Basin with its dirtier water does not seem to be a issue. I run and catch fish with all of the available colors. I like the red and purple only because they are to me pleasant to look at.
    Last edited by wakina; 05-19-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip